- Birth Date
- 15 August 1834
- Death Date
- 27 July 1904
Thomas came to Utah in1853 the year he crossed the Atlantic on the ship International with James Forbes and his brother John Forbes and family. John and his family crossed the plains in the Jacob Gates Company of 1853 but neither James nor Thomas appear on this company roster because they traveled with the Atkinson Company. Jesse Crosby was also with Atkinson and wrote a report at Devil's Gate on 19 August which includes Thomas' name. After reaching the Salt Lake Valley, James, John and Thomas all appear in the 1856 Territorial census in Davis County (see Thomas "Finly") and they paid tithing in Kay's Ward (modern Kayesville.) The names of James and Thomas appear in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia in 1857. The 1900 Utah census confirms their immigration year.
- Age at Departure: 18
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Jesse W. Crosby Company report, 1853 August 19.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 19 August 1853, 2.
- "Layton Lines," David County Clipper, 29 July 1904, 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 13.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.