- Birth Date
- 9 November 1839
- Death Date
- 8 March 1912
He traveled to Utah with his mother, Mary Ann Syer White Hill, and his siblings.
Barnard sailed to America in 1855 on the ship Cynosure.
- Age at Departure: 16
- Age at Departure: 24
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- "Bernard White Passes Away," Ogden Evening Standard, 9 March 1912, 5.
- "Captain William B. Preston, memorandum book, 1864," Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains' accounts 1862-1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- John A. Hunt Company report, 1856, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 11.
- Spicer, William to S. S. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, ca. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 2.
- "Sterling life is Ended," Box Elder News, 14 March 1912, 1.
- Stewart, Elizabeth White, [Autobiography], in Workman, Mary Ellen B., comp., "Ancestors of Isaac Mitton Stewart and Elizabeth White" .
- Utah Death Certificates.