- Birth Date
- 9 July 1833
- Death Date
- 20 June 1918
Edwin was a labourer from England. He was among the small group of men who remained behind at Devil's Gate until spring to guard the personal belongings of the emigrants who had been rescued.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Cooper, John. Statement, 10 October 1916.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Diary], in Stella Jaques Bell, Life History and Writings of John Jaques , 118-22, 129, 134-37, 140-41, 143-44, 150.
- Jaques, John, [Minutes of meeting at Devil's Gate, 9 November 1856], in John Jaques, Collection, 1846-1920.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), 62-75.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 11.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 3-59.
- Parish Register of Cradley, Herefordshire, England.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-Day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificates.