- Birth Date
- 2 June 1843
- Death Date
- 25 September 1913
The family sailed in America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
Mary's autobiographical sketch provides an account of the family's trail experience. After arrival to Utah, she married Richard Pay. After his death, she was remarried to Jeremiah Jesse Millgate. The surname recorded on her gravestone was "Pay."
- Age at Departure: 13
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Bailey, Langley A. to Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 23 September 1907. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd 3.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- John A. Hunt Company report, 1856, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 8.
- Pay, Mary G. to S. S. Jones,Handcart Veterans Association, 18 Oct. 1908. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 5.
- Pay, Mary Goble, Autobiographical sketch 1896-1909, 2-5.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America