- Christening Date
- 23 October 1831
- Death Date
- 21 April 1881
She arrived in Boston on 25 May 1856 via the ship Horizon. She then continued her westward journey as part of the Hunt company. Two of her sisters, Jane and Elizabeth, traveled in the Martin company in 1856.
Esther Brown is listed with the Turner family on the ship records. When John's wife, Sophia, died, the remainder of her ship fare was transferred to Esther. Esther's relationship to the Turners has not been determined.
- Age at Departure: 23
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- John A. Hunt Company report, 1856, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 14.
- Stewart, Elizabeth White, [Autobiography], in Workman, Mary Ellen B., comp., "Ancestors of Isaac Mitton Stewart and Elizabeth White" .
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.