- Birth Date
- 11 April 1817
- Death Date
- 11 August 1902
He was among the small group of men who remained behind at Devil's Gate until spring to guard the personal belongings of the emigrants who had been rescued. He later joined the RLDS Church and returned to Iowa.
- Age at Departure: 39
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Black, Susan Easton. Early Members of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (6 vols.)
- Cooper, John. Statement, 10 October 1916.
- Iowa Cemetery Records, 1662-1999.
- Jaques, John, [Minutes of meeting at Devil's Gate, 9 November 1856], in John Jaques, Collection, 1846-1920.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), 62-75.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 9.