- Birth Date
- 18 September 1835
- Death Date
- 5 January 1918
George was a laborer from England. He arrived to New York on June 14, 1856 via the ship Thornton. The ship passenger list indicates that he was 20 at the time of travel. He initially began his journey to the Salt Lake Valley with the John A. Hunt Company in 1856. He was among the small group of men who remained behind at Devil's Gate until spring to guard the personal belongings of the emigrants who had been rescued.
- Age at Departure: 20
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- Cooper, John. Statement, 10 October 1916.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Minutes of meeting at Devil's Gate, 9 November 1856], in John Jaques, Collection, 1846-1920.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 9.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.