- Birth Date
- 29 September 1845
- Death Date
- 27 October 1913
The family sailed in America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
Edwin initially traveled to the Valley with his family in 1856. Several years later, he crossed the plains again, this time working as a teamster for Daniel Thompson's out-and-back company, which was the company his cousin, William Goble Bird would be traveling with.
- Age at Departure: 10
- Age at Departure: 20
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Captain Daniel Thompson's (of Fillmore) Company." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book 1866 1868.
- John A. Hunt Company report, 1856, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 8.
- Missionary Database
- Pay, Mary G. to S. S. Jones,Handcart Veterans Association, 18 Oct. 1908. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 5.
- Pay, Mary Goble, Autobiographical sketch 1896-1909, 2-5.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America