- Birth Date
- 1 September 1827
- Death Date
- 16 January 1899
He sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Asia.
James remained in Florence to help close the immigration accounts, while his family continued on with the Hunt Company. Once the work was done, he started on the trail with the other officials in the Grant Company. Once they overtook the Hunt Company, he finished the journey with his wife and children. Also traveling in that company was his wife's brother, William Paul, and his brother, Alfred.
By 1860, the Linforth family was living in California. His birth date and death date come from a personal, online family history record without any accompanying documentation. Further evidence is needed to determine their accuracy.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- 1860 California Census.
- 1870 California Census.
- 1880 California Census
- Bullock, Thomas, [Letter], Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 20 December 1856, 811-13.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- Jaques, J[ohn]., [Letter], Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 18 Apr. 1857, 254-55.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1 September 1856, 1-2.
- Linforth, J., [Letter], Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 10 January 1857, 27-28.