- Birth Date
- 11 August 1823
- Death Date
- 15 January 1910
David traveled with his wife, Jane, and their children from Wales on the ship, Chimborazo in1855. Their journey westward continued as part of the Hunt company. The Bowen family lived together in Spanish Fork in 1860, according to census records.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Bowen, William P., Synopsis of Remarks Made by Pioneer William P. Bowen at the Pioneer Reunion, January 1922, Spanish Fork, Utah.
- Esshom, Frank. Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1212.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 14.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 231.
- Utah Death Certificates.