- Birth Date
- 3 January 1825
- Death Date
- 7 October 1902
James emigrated from England with his family. They crossed the ocean via the ship Enoch Train and arrived at Boston on 1 May 1856. James was a Captain of Ten in the Hunt company. The Holley family lived in Springville, Utah in 1860, according to census records.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Dan Jones Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-December.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James Holley, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- John A. Hunt Company report, 1856, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 8.
- "Old Pioneer Gone," The Standard , 8 Oct. 1902, 8.