- Birth Date
- 20 March 1796
- Death Date
- 28 May 1871
Elizabeth (Betsey) and her husband John arrived in Utah in 1851 or 1852. She was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 8 August 1852. Their names do not appear on the 1850 Utah census. Further research is needed to determine the year of their arrival in Utah, and the name of the pioneer company with which they traveled.
In the Iowa Branch Index, "Betsy" and John Mackley are shown as husband and wife in the Garden Grove, Iowa Branch, 1847.
The High Priests of Nauvoo and Early Salt Lake City gives John's birth date as 30 March 1796, with his parents being John [Mackley] and Deborah Reed.
The 1860 Utah census shows his name as "Jno Mackley."
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- High Priests of Nauvoo and Early Salt Lake City [Index], compiled by Nauvoo Restoration from Early Salt Lake Records.
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Watt, Ron, Iowa Branch Index, 1839-1859.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.