- Birth Date
- 9 February 1834
- Death Date
- 19 January 1907
Henry sailed to America on the ship Horizon in 1856.
Henry was a printer from England. He was among the small group of men who remained behind at Devil's Gate until spring to guard the personal belongings of the emigrants who had been rescued. His last name is spelled Jackman on the 1860 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1860 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Cooper, John. Statement, 10 October 1916.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Minutes of meeting at Devil's Gate, 9 November 1856], in John Jaques, Collection, 1846-1920.
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), 62-75.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 12.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 238.
- "Summoned from Earth," Richfield Reaper, 24 January 1907, 1.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.