- Birth Date
- 21 May 1818
- Death Date
- 11 March 1900
Lauren Hotchkiss Roundy
Lauren initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Abraham O. Smoot - Samuel Russell Company in 1847. His name is also listed on the roster for the Willard Richards Company that arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in 1848.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
In some sources his given name is spelled "Lorin" or "Loren."
Various sources give a wide discrepancy in Lauren's birth date. The date used in this record was the one recorded in the Missionary registers, when he was called to serve a mission.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 30
- Age at Departure: 38
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 11 April 1848, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 44.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Young, Brigham to Lorain Roundy, 1 December 1856. Brigham Young office files 1832-1878, Letterbooks, 1844-1877.