- Birth Date
- 12 August 1829
- Death Date
- 27 May 1872
The Geary family traveled with the 1853 John Brown Company from Keokuk, Iowa to Council Bluffs, where they dropped out due to illness. In 1856, they began their journey across the plains again with the James Willie handcart company. They joined with Hodgetts company at Fort Laramie.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Age at Departure: 26
- 1860 Utah Census, Iron County.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Nichols, Kaye Page, "John Thomas Geary, Sophia Fryer," p. 15.
- "Richard Fryer," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Woodward, William, Journal, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 4, item 2e.