- Birth Date
- 20 November 1823
- Death Date
- 27 July 1890
John M. Freeman
John Monroe Freeman,
John Merrick Freeman
John M. Freeman was part of the 1st Company of Ten led by Wilford Woodruff. His birth date and death date come from family search inquiries, original research of public documents, and information taken from his tombstone and profile on findagrave.com. There is some conflicting information pertaining to his middle name. Some sources suggest that his middle name was "Monroe" while other sources indicate his middle name was "Merrick." This should be taken into consideration when completing historical research.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.