- Birth Date
- 8 November 1824
- Death Date
- 7 January 1907
Joseph Gurnsey Brown
Joseph initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Allen Taylor Company in 1849. (The roster lists his name as "Gernsey Brown.") However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
Came with brother John Weaver Brown
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 31
- "Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14290, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 40)
- "Death of Joseph G. Brown," Deseret Evening News , 21 Jan. 1907, 3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama (Fairfield, Washington: Ye Galleon Press, 1983), 7-20.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Stewart, Elizabeth White, [Autobiography], in Workman, Mary Ellen B., comp., "Ancestors of Isaac Mitton Stewart and Elizabeth White" .
- Utah Death Certificates.