- Birth Date
- 24 April 1815
- Death Date
After his mother, sister, and son died on the trail, he became despondent and went back to Fort Laramie. He probably came on to Utah the next year in the William Holmes Walker company. He often gave 1807 or 1808 as his birth year, but that was an older brother's year of birth, not his. While church ordinance records list his birth as 1814, English parish records confirm the 1815 date.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 41
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- Bonasall Parish Records
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 301.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 236.
- William L. Spicer Binder biography and journal, undated, 8-19.