- Birth Date
- 24 April 1839
- Death Date
- 16 December 1901
She traveled to Utah with her father and sister. She was not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the time. Elizabeth sailed to America as a single woman with her father and sister in 1856 on the ship Horizon, and they came to Utah in 1856 with the Edward Martin pioneer company. Apparently, she returned to Nebraska and married William Showell there. Three children were born to them in Nebraska before coming to Utah.
Further research is needed to determine the year of their arrival and the name of the pioneer company with which they traveled to Utah.
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Death Calls a Pioneer Woman," Salt Lake Herald, 17 December 1901, 3.
- "Died," Salt Lake Herald, 17 December 1901, 8.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 264.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.