- Birth Date
- 14 November 1833
- Death Date
- 2 May 1931
She came with the Margery Smith family (widow M. Bain Smith and daughters).
Euphemia sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton, and the ship manifest lists her as a "spinster."
- Age at Departure: 22
- Bain, Euphemia Mitchell, “Pioneer Sketch,” in Daughters of Utah Pioneers (Salt Lake City, Utah), Scrapbooks.
- Cantwell, James to S. S. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 28 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914f, fd 2.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- "Handcart Vets Hold Reunion," Deseret Evening News, 3 October 1907, 11.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 226.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.