- Birth Date
- 11 April 1813
- Death Date
- 9 May 1865
Her surname is spelled many different ways (Whitehorn, Whitehorne, Withorn, Witbom, Whitham, etc.) in different sources, but the "Whithorn" spelling is found in the 1870 Utah census.
Eliza and Joseph sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton, and their surname is listed as "Witham" on the ship manifest.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 2.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 216.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.