- Birth Date
- 27 July 1811
- Death Date
- 12 January 1888
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his daughter's obituary. He and members of his family settled at Willow Creek, Tooele County, Utah (modern Grantsville.) In 1857, William's name appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia in Tooele County. Family Tree shows William and his wife Jane dying on the exact same day, 12 January 1888. According to Utah State Archives records this is Jane's death date with William dying in January 1889.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah Census, Tooele County.
- "Aged Grantsville Woman Succumbs," Salt Lake Telegram, 9 Feb. 1932, 2.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Find a Grave
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 18.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.