- Birth Date
- 20 September 1827
- Death Date
- 14 December 1907
Evidence from church financial records and the 1856 Utah Census proves that George traveled to Utah in 1855. He may have traveled with the 1855 Hooper and Williams Freight Train. Further research is needed to confirm the name of the company he traveled with.
On 18 January, George left his family and sailed on the "Charles Buck" and arrived in New Orleans on 14 March 1855.
On 23 April 1857, George left on a mission and eventually arrived in Wales where his wife and children eventually joined him. Then, in 1859, George and his family left Liverpool on 11 April on the "William Tappscott." They arrived in New York on ? In Florence, Nebraska, George was appointed Captain of the George Rowley Company.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Age at Departure: 31
- Company Captain
- Beesley, Sarah Hancock, [Reminiscences], in Handcart Stories, 28-34.
- Freece, Hans P., The Letters of an Apostate Mormon to His Son , , 20, 30-32.
- "George Rowley," in Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols. [1958-77], 3:30.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Henry Hobbs journal, 1859 May-1860 July.
- "Latter Day Saints' Immigration," Deseret News, 24 August 1859, 197.
- Lindsey, Bithiah, "History of Mrs. Bithia Lindsey since joining the Mormon religion and crossing the plains to Salt Lake City, Utah," ca. 1836-ca. 1917.
- Lindsey, Mark, The Journals of Mark Lindsey: Mormon Missionary, Handcart Pioneer and Entrepreneur (1832-1900) , ed. Donald B. Lindsey and Rosy Lindsey [2002?], 413-15, 473.
- Nelson, Ruby Robbins, Biographical sketch of Anders Jonasson [n.d.], 4-6.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 350.
- Simons, Fanny Fry, [Journal], in An Enduring Legacy, 12 vols. [1978-89], 6:191-202.
- Simons, Fanny Fry, [Journal], in Susan Arrington Madsen, I Walked to Zion , 77-80.
- Thomas McIntyre journal, 1854 November-1913 May, 16-68.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966