- Birth Date
- 4 November 1824
- Death Date
- 26 May 1895
The Rhead family dropped out of the company at Newton, Iowa because of sickness. In 1861, Eliza was reunited with her son from a previous marriage (Thomas Lewis Beech), who she had left in England with her sister (Sarah Lewis). They crossed the plains together in the Young/Harmon/Kimball Company.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Age at Departure: 36
- 1860 Iowa Census
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 250.
- Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude
- Rhead, Edward Henry, Autobiographical sketch, in 27th Quorum, Biographies, 1850-1858, vol. 1, n.p., in Seventies Quorum, Records, 1844-1975, reel 83.
- Rhead, Josiah, [Excerpts from record book], in Edward H. Rhead, Journal and record book, 4.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-Day Saint Immigration to America