- Birth Date
- 14 June 1821
- Death Date
- 8 November 1894
Levi Bird Hammon
He initially traveled to the Valley in 1849. At some point, he returned to Winter Quarters to collect his family. They crossed the plains together in 1851. Levi served as a captain of ten in that company.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3.
- John D. T. McAllister journals, 1851-1906, Reminiscences, 1851-1853, 6-7.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 2.
- Levi Hammon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama (Fairfield, Washington: Ye Galleon Press, 1983), 7-20.