- Birth Date
- 9 November 1820
- Death Date
- 23 December 1891
John Sharp Sr.
He was the Captain of the company. His travel to Utah is mentioned in his daughter's obituary. Records indicate he was traveling with his wife and three children.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Andrew Jenson, "Sharp, John," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia: A Compilation of Biographical Sketches of Prominent Men and Women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Volume 1 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 677.
- "Death of Mrs. Cahoon," Deseret Evening News, 22 Mar. 1906, 2.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1155.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 24.
- List of arrivals in the Salt Lake Valley, 1850 August 28, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Missionary Database
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.