- Birth Date
- 9 May 1833
- Death Date
- 20 August 1885
William Riley Judd
William initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Allen Taylor Company in 1849. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 16
- Age at Departure: 23
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- "Death of Riley Judd," Deseret News, 26 August 1885, 505.
- Gardner, Hamilton. History of Lehi: Including a Biographical Section (Salt Lake City: The Lehi Pioneer Committee, 1913), 112.
- Margaret G. Clawson reminiscences, 1904-1911, Volume 1, 43-70.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols. [1958-77], 15:97.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- William Riley Judd reminiscences, 1-2. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.