- Birth Date
- 30 August 1820
- Death Date
- 30 July 1876
William was re-baptized on 2 November 1851 at Salt Lake City. He possibly traveled to Utah in the John G. Smith company but contemporary documentation is currently lacking. His name appears in a Deseret News report of the 9th Quorum of Seventy dated 29 May 1852; he was living in Great Salt Lake County. According to the 1852 Bishop's Report he was living in the Salt Lake City 8th Ward but at the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial Census he was living in the 7th Ward.. In the Utah Territorial Militia records his name first appears on 7 May 1853 at Salt Lake City; in 1857 he was living at Mill Creek.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- "9th Quorum of Seventies," Deseret News [Weekly], 29 May 1852, 58.
- Lettie Young Swapp Collection: Swapp Collection.
- Powell, Delna, Letter, 26 Aug. 2004.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.