- Birth Date
- 14 September 1822
- Death Date
- 10 September 1908
James Amasa Little
James traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Allen Taylor Company in 1849. He traveled with his mother, Susannah Young Little and his half sister, Cornelia Stilson. A non-contemporary typescript list in Journal History (Supp. after 31 Dec. 1848, 6) incorrectly places him as traveling in Brigham Young's 1848 company.
At the end of a mission, he traveled home with the William G. Young Company in 1857. He was the President of the Company, and the cousin of the Captain William Goodall Young.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Age at Departure: 34
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- "Correspondence from the Plains," letter from Amos M. Musser to President Appleby, 16 July 1857 in Millennial Star, 26 September 1857, 620-22.
- Griffith Roberts reminiscence and diary, circa 1865, 19-21.
- James A. Little, From Kirtland to Salt Lake City (Salt Lake City: Printed at the Juvenile Instructor Office, 1890), 205-6.
- James A. Little autobiography, undated, 78-80.
- Mary Jane Little autobiography, 1921, 91-92.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 15, 96-97.