- Birth Date
- 26 December 1817
- Death Date
- 10 June 1887
He and his family came on the ship Arkwright in 1866. They likely traveled in the Daniel Thompson Company. Their son James, who had traveled to Utah a few years before, was working in this company as a teamster. However, further research is needed to verify this.
William's son, George Garrett, born 21 January 1850, appears with the family on the 1866 Arkwright ship manifest, but further research is needed to determine if he arrived in Utah by 1868.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Head of Household
- 1841 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- "Deaths," Deseret News, 29 June 1887, 384.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Reece, Elizabeth Garrett, [Autobiographical sketch], in Jane Jennings Eldredge, "Records and Historical Sketches of Residents of Davis County, Utah," 9 vols. (1916), 3:150.