- Birth Date
- 25 August 1824
- Death Date
- 12 May 1906
The family name is spelled "Halliday" on the 1849 ship Zetland.
According the Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, Abraham and his family traveled with the Warren Snow company in 1852, it is stated in his autobiographical sketch that they arrived in Salt Lake City on 16 September and settled in Provo with his wife and two sons (they later had five more children). He is listed on various census records as being both a laborer and butcher, and served as a Captain in the Utah Territory Militia, enlisting in 1866. He passed away in May 1906 and is buried in the Provo City Cemetery.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1870 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1880 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1900 Utah Census, Utah County.
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913).
- Halladay, Abraham, Autobiographical sketch, in 34th Quorum, Biographies, 1857-1875, vol. 2, in Seventies Quorum, Records, 1844-1975.
- Utah Military Records, 1861-1970.