- Birth Date
- 18 December 1808
- Death Date
- 2 May 1893
Christopher initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Allen Taylor Company in 1849. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Age at Departure: 47
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- "Allen Taylor's 100, report, circa 1849 October." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14920, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 41)
- Christopher Merkley, Biography of Christopher Merkley (Salt Lale City: J.H. Parry & Company, 1887), 28-30.
- David Moore writings, circa 1860, 45-54.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 13 May 1893, 672.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 4.
- Merkley, Christopher. Biography of Christopher Merkley. (Salt Lake City: J. H. Parry & Company, 1887), 39-40. (M270.1 M563m)
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters" in Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.