- Birth Date
- 22 November 1797
- Death Date
- 18 January 1850
Captain of 50 and counselor to President Andrew Perkins. His death date is confirmed by the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database and the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 51
- Head of Household
- "Allen Taylor's 100, report, circa 1849 October." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14920, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 41)
- David Moore collection, 1843-1921, Meeting minutes, 1849.
- David Moore writings, circa 1860, 45-54.
- Elizabeth Jane Perkins Belcher in On to the Valley (1957) by Anson G. Perkins.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- James A. Little, From Kirtland to Salt Lake City (Salt Lake City: Printed at the Juvenile Instructor Office, 1890), 205-6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 3.
- Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama (Fairfield, Washington: Ye Galleon Press, 1983), 7-20.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.