- Birth Date
- 1 February 1823
- Death Date
- 1 March 1881
Richard Bishop Margetts
Richard came from England with his wife, Alley, mother, Alice, brothers, Henry and Phillip, in 1850 on the ship Argo.
Sources indicate that he traveled overland with a wife, but the records are unclear whether it was Alley or Catherine with whom he traveled. Both women came to Utah, possibly in the same year and probably in the same company. More research is needed to determine exactly which woman (if not both) traveled with Richard in 1851.
Both women are listed in this company because of the discrepancy. Also because Catherine's obituary indicates that she came to Utah with this company.
Alley's parents came to Utah in 1852.
- Age at Departure: 28
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Elias Smith journals, 1836-1888, Journal, 1851 May-1854 October, 13-35 [images 14-36].
- Jane Rio Griffiths Baker diary, 1851 January-1852 March and 1869 September-1880 May, 9-55.
- "Mrs. Catherine S. Margetts Dies at Advanced Age," Deseret Evening News, 12 Oct. 1918, 2.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.