- Birth Date
- 22 May 1796
- Death Date
- 20 October 1865
Duncan McArthur was in Utah by the Spring of 1851 (when the 1850 Utah census was taken) but it is unclear when he crossed the plains. Duncan's son, Daniel Duncan McArthur wrote in his journal that his father was not ready to cross the plains in 1848. Nevertheless, Brigham Young advised Daniel to go on ahead saying "I would do more good to my parents by going and get something raised for them when they come then I could possibly do by staying back this I found to be a fact for my father did not get ready to go in the Spring of 1848 but I went on..." The obituary of Duncan's daughter Susan says that she and her parents arrived in Pleasant Grove, Utah in 1850.
Duncan's death date is confirmed by Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 1:336.
- "Pleasant Grove: Funeral Services for Two Estimable Women," Deseret Evening News, 23 October 1913, 8.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Rudger M. McArthur, compiler, Daniel Duncan McArthur: Mormon Pioneer (1990), 60-61.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.