- Birth Date
- 14 February 1808
- Death Date
- 8 April 1886
Samuel Comstock Snyder
Some sources place him in the 1848 Willard Richards company, but there is reason to doubt the accuracy of those sources because they are not contemporary. His name does appear on the 1849 Allen Taylor company report. Another evidence that he didn't come to Salt Lake in 1848 is that his name doesn't appear on the list of those who were allotted land that year.
He traveled with his family, his brother's family, and his mother. His married daughters also traveled with the company with their husbands and children.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Allen Taylor's 100, report, circa 1849 October.
- David Moore writings, circa 1860, 45-54.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 4.
- Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama (Fairfield, Washington: Ye Galleon Press, 1983), 7-20.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 17.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.