- Birth Date
- 5 August 1813
- Death Date
- 3 September 1882
Her family started with the Martin Company in 1856, but dropped out at Fort Des Moines, Iowa, in mid-August, due to poor health. After several years, they continued their journey to Utah in 1859, traveling with the Haight-Kesler freight train.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Age at Departure: 45
- "Died," Deseret News, 27 September 1882, 576.
- “History of Alice Davis Crane,” A History of the Three Wives of James Crane: Alice Davis Crane, Elizabeth Stewart Crane, and Rachel Briggs Crane (Crane Family Genealogical Committee, 1951).
- Joseph Beecroft, Journals 1844-1882, Volume 6, 1856 March-1859 April.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 250.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America