- Birth Date
- 15 March 1803
- Death Date
- 27 June 1878
Daniel Stillwell Thomas
Daniel was from Sumner, Tennessee. He was captain of the 2nd ten. His travel to Utah is mentioned in the obituary of his daughter. A daughter and young son (Matilda and Isaac) preceded him to the Valley in 1847. Daniel was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 29 September 1850.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- 10th Ward, Record of Members.
- "Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14290, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 40)
- David Moore collection, 1843-1921, Meeting minutes, 1849.
- David Moore writings, circa 1860, 45-54.
- Gardner, Hamilton. History of Lehi: Including a Biographical Section (Salt Lake City: The Lehi Pioneer Committee, 1913), 437.
- Kirkham, Kate Woodhouse, comp., Daniel Stillwell Thomas Family History (n.p., 1927), 4.
- “Lehi. Mrs. Newall A. Brown Dead,” Deseret News, 8 Feb. 1905, 9.
- Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama (Fairfield, Washington: Ye Galleon Press, 1983), 7-20.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.