- Birth Date
- 29 December 1829
- Death Date
- 22 May 1900
Stephen traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Pioneer Company in 1847 and was part of the 8th Company of Ten led by Seth Taft. That same season, he returned to Winter Quarters, with many others, to assist other members of the Church make the trip in 1848. That year he traveled in the Brigham Young Company as well.
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: 18
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Alexander Neibaur journal, 1841 February-1862 April, 26-38.
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 375.
- "Death of a Utah Pioneer," Salt Lake Tribune, 24 May 1900, 5.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- "Fifty Years Ago Today," Salt Lake Tribune, 16 June 1897, 1.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Stephen Kelsey in "Fifty Years Ago Today," Salt Lake Tribune, 16 June 1897.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.