- Birth Date
- 26 June 1843
- Death Date
- 9 March 1922
Charles Eugene Fletcher
Evidence from autobiographical and church (sealing) records proves that the Fletcher family traveled to Utah in 1851. They were on the Iowa census (taken September 1850) and endowed in Salt Lake in early August 1852 (prior to the arrival of that year's emigration), proving that they had to have traveled to Utah in 1851.
He was an out-and-back teamster for the Hyde company.
- Age at Departure: 8
- Age at Departure: 21
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1850 Iowa Census
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- “Captain William Hyde Company (fifth ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 15)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Fletcher, Charles Eugene, [Life Sketch], "Genealogical Surveys of L.D.S. Members," 35 vols., 1:147.
- Fletcher, Charles Eugene, Autobiography, 1911, 1-2.
- Fletcher, Charles Eugene, Autobiography, 1911, 145-52.
- “Freight manifests, 1863-1864.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Freight manifests, 1861-1868.
- Utah Death Certificates.