- Birth Date
- 6 May 1846
- Death Date
- 14 February 1935
Joseph Daniel Smith
The company records only list head of household, but it also indicates that his father, Samuel, purchased 5 adult food rations, which indicates that his family made the overland trip with him as well.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 626.
- "Funeral Services Held for Joseph D. Smith," Millard County Progress , 22 Feb. 1935.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Account 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 365.
- Smith, Joseph Daniel, Autobiographical sketch, 5-6.
- Smith, Joseph Daniel. Journals, (1885-1887).