- Birth Date
- 14 March 1811
- Death Date
- 5 December 1890
Joseph Hague Woodward
Joseph and Margaret sailed to America in 1842 on the ship Hope. Their infant son James died before departing for Utah.
The newspaper article in The Journal confirms the Woodward family's arrival in Utah in 1852. The family may have traveled to Utah with the 1852 Thomas C.D. Howell Company, but further research is needed to confirm this.
The inscription on his gravestone and his obituary confirm his birth and death dates, but his obituary states that he came to Utah in 1855. This is incorrect because his daughter Rachel Ann was born en route to Utah on 16 July 1852, and his daughter Martha Jane was born 2 January 1855 in Grantsville, Tooele, Utah. This was prior to the arrival of any of any pioneer companies in 1855.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Cache County.
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Obituary," Logan Journal, 13 December 1890, 4.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Warrum, Noble, Utah Since Statehood: Historical and Bigraphical, 4:626.
- "Wellsville Citizen Came with Parents into This Valley in the year 1857," 19 February 1927, p. 14.