- Birth Date
- 8 April 1851
- Death Date
- 6 October 1933
Thomas Henry Longhurst
Mormon Thomas Longhurst
The Longhurst Family arrived in New York on 1 July 1864 via the ship The Hudson. The ship manifest shows his name as "Mormon Longhurst." Their names are not found on any rosters for the overland portion of the journey. However, in a letter Mercy Marintha wrote years later, she stated that her family arrived in the Valley on 2 November 1864. The Warren Snow Company arrived in the Valley on that date. It was the last emigrant train to arrive in the Valley that season and came in a full week later than the Hyde Company that was traveling ahead of them.
His obituary states that he came to Utah in 1863, but this is incorrect because he did not sail to America until 1864.
His name is "Thomas Henry Longhurst" on the death certificate record, and "Mormon Thomas Longhurst" on FamilySearch. His death certificate gives his birth year as 1850, but FamilySearch and a history written by his daughter gives his birth date as 8 April 1851.
- Age at Departure: 13
- "Brother of E J Longhurst Dies in Iona, Idaho," Vernal Express, 12 October 1933, 1.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave
- Idaho Death Certificates, 1911-1937
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Woodruff Pioneer is Laid at Final Rest," Deseret News , 6 Apr. 1925, 2:5.