- Birth Date
- 22 March 1823
- Death Date
- 18 February 1865
Luther William Glazier
Luther's death date is from the pension application of his widow (Martha J. Glazier). In the 1860 Iowa censis he is listed as S. W. Glazier.
Evidence from census, genealogical and Church records (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) records proves that the Glazier family traveled to Utah in 1861 or 1862. Further research is needed to confirm the year they came to Utah and the name of the company they traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- 1860 Iowa Census, Fremont County
- "Died," Deseret News, 12 April 1865, 12.
- Mexican War Claim of Widow for Service Pension
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 8.