- Birth Date
- 15 January 1822
- Death Date
- 12 August 1904
The Hutchings family first arrived in the Valley in 1849. They began their journey with the Silas Richards family, but about mid-way, they left the company and went ahead on their own because of disagreements they had with others in the camp. The Hutchings name is not on the official company roster, but it appears in letters that were sent and journals kept referring to the group of people who left the camp.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Augustus Farnham letter to Brigham Young, 25 August 1849.
- "Death of a Pioneer. Mrs. Lucinda Clark Angell Called Home at the Age of 82 Years," Deseret Evening News , 12 Aug. 1904, .
- Hutchings, Eliza Ann Pectol, [Reminiscences], in "History of Shepherd Pierce Hutchings," item #2, 1-2.
- Silas Richards diaries, 1846 May-1855 July, Diary, 1849-1853, 1-36.
- Silas Richards letter to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849.
- Silas Richards reminiscences and journal, circa 1849-1871, transcribed by Ailcy C. Morrell, 4-12.
- Utah Death Certificates.