- Birth Date
- 12 September 1805
- Death Date
- 2 November 1870
Alfred Gilham Lee
Alfred lived in Nauvoo until 1849, when he and his family started for the Salt Lake Valley as a captain of ten in the Ezra T. Benson Company in 1849 as indicated in Camp of Israel schedules and reports. In the 1850 Utah census Alfred and his family were living in Tooele, Utah.
In 1863, Alfred was called to serve a mission in England. At the end of his mission, he traveled home with the William S. S. Willes Company in 1865 according to three Deseret News articles.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 59
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- "Captain W. S. S. Willis' Company," Deseret News, 20 September 1865, 403.
- "Correspondence: W. H. Shearman letter," Deseret News, 12 July 1865, 322.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 12B.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 9.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News [Weekly], 13 Sep. 1865, 397.