- Birth Date
- 5 January 1849
- Death Date
- 9 August 1904
Joseph Smith Morris
Son of Mary Ormond Morris; grandson of John Ormond Sr. He first came to the Valley in 1852. Although his name is not directly on any records linking him to the Outhouse Company, his mother is documented on that train, and due to his young age, it is very likely he would have traveled with her. Many years later, he crossed the plains again as a teamster for the 1866 Daniel Thompson out-and-back company.
- Age at Departure: 3
- Age at Departure: 17
- "4th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- "4th Company of 50 reports, 1852." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852.
- "Beaver: Demise of Bp. J. S. Morris," Deseret News, 1 Sep. 1904, 8.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Captain Daniel Thompson's (of Fillmore) Company." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book 1866 1868.
- Ormond, John. A Short Sketch of My Life.