- Birth Date
- 15 July 1842
- Death Date
- 24 May 1912
John August Peterson
The Peterson family arrived in New York on 16 July 1866 via the ship Kenilworth. The overland company roster only includes Johanne's name as head of household. However, it shows that he purchased six adult food rations for that portion of the journey, so that indicates that those traveling with him on the ship, also continued on with him in the Scott company.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Captain A. H. Scott, accounts, 1866, in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts, 1861-1868.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Account 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 419.
- Peterson, John August, Autobiographical sketch [n.d.], 1, 4.
- The Diary of Johanna Mathilda Peterson Atkinson and Biographical Sketch of John August Peterson, 9-11, 50-51.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.