- Birth Date
- 11 April 1825
- Death Date
- 14 November 1858
Gilbert arrived in Utah with the Mormon Battalion Sick Detachment but was then sent to help settle San Bernardino, California. He was back in Salt Lake City before his death in late 1858.
Son of Celia and Jefferson Hunt.
Married Lydia Gibson in 1846 in Pueblo, Colorado.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- First Council of the Seventy Records, 1835-1885.
- Members of the Mormon Battalion.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 233-34.
- Salt Lake City, Utah Cemetery Records, 1848-1992.
- "Sudden Death By Accident," Deseret News [Weekly], 17 Nov. 1858, 159.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966