- Birth Date
- 6 December 1830
- Death Date
- 16 November 1896
Clark Allen Huntington
Clark's father was a member of the Mormon Battalion. He, his mother, and his siblings traveled with the Higgins Sick Detachment to Pueblo where they wintered and then traveled to Utah with the Mormon Battalion Sick Detachment in 1847. He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
Birthdate confirmed using A List of the names of the inhabitants of the Utah settlement, 1849 June 7.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Age at Departure: 24
- A List of the names of the inhabitants of the Utah settlement, 1849 June 7.
- "Death of Al Huntington," Salt Lake Herald, 17 November 1896, 8.
- Find a Grave
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), p. 62-114.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 233-34.